How to create private channels.
- In your Team, make sure you have the “General” channel selected.
- Click on the three dots near your Team name.
- In the drop-down menu that appears, select “Manage team”.
- Move to the “Channels” tab by clicking on “Channels” or if it is hidden, clicking on the down arrow with “X more” (X being the number of options hidden from you) next to it and selecting “Channels” there.
- Click on the “Add channel” button.
- Fill out a channel name and a description for the channel.
- Under the “Privacy” section, click on the down arrow to open the drop-down menu and select “Private – Accessible only to a specific group of people within the team” and hit “Next”.
- Type in the name(s) of the persons you would like to add to the private channel and click on the “Add” button.
- Once added, you can then change the roles of any users added before clicking on “Done” to finish channel creation.
- You’re done! Your private channel should now appear in the list of channels for you and those that have been added to it.
If you run into any issues or have a question, feel free to reach out at email@example.com.