Note: These settings should be already be configured by IT, only change these settings if you need members of your Team to be able to modify your Team. Even then if only one member needs the ability to modify, it would be best to promote them to the “Owner” role and demote them to “Member” when they are done.
The following Member permissions are available to edit:
- Allow members to create and update channels
- Allow members to create private channels
- Allow members to delete and restore channels
- Allow members to add and remove apps
- Allow members to upload custom apps
- Allow members to create, update, and remove tabs
- Allow members to create, update, and remove connectors
- Give members the option to delete their messages
- Give members the option to edit their messages
How to edit Member permissions.
- In your Team, make sure you have the “General” channel selected.
- Click on the three dots near your Team name.
- In the drop-down menu that appears, select “Manage team”.
- In the new menu area, make sure you have selected the “Settings” tab.
- Click on “Member permissions” to expand the list and view all permissions for the Member role. (You’ll see the following settings available)
Note: By default, most if not all of these should be unchecked.
- To modify a Member permission, make sure its checkbox is checked to enable it or unchecked to disable the permission.
If you need any help or need an explanation on what a certain permission does, feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.