As part of our process to keep our organization safe and up to date, we are starting to roll out the Microsoft semi annual update for Windows.
Normally this is a process automated overnight when your computer is at Ivey, but due to the events of this past year, you may have taken your laptop or desktop home with you and are working out of a home office. This changes the process slightly and we are working on a more automated solution that would allow the update to take place remotely at home. In the mean time, if you computer needs updating, we will likely reach out to you via email to get this process started.
- Ensure your computer has a reliable internet connection
- Save and close any open documents
- Ensure that your computer is connected to power
This process typically takes a couple hours to complete. It is best to let this sit overnight or when ever your day may be finished.
At the moment of writing this, the only know issue is that your background image may be reset to a windows default picture. Ensure you take note of your current background image.
1. Click the "Download the Update Installer" Link above. This will download a file to your downloads folder.
2. Open the downloaded file. It will open a window that looks similar to yours below.
3. Before you click update now, save and close any open documents and programs that you have open.
4. Click the "Update Now" Button. A new page will appear informing you that your computer is compatible to update. Click the "Next" button.
5. The update process will start automatically and display the percentage complete below like the window below. From here, you can leave your computer open and connected to power.
6. You computer may restart several times. Once completed, it will prompt you to log in to your computer that the same way you normally do.
If you have any questions or comments, please reach us via email at email@example.com or by phone at 519-661-4196.