If you have accidently deleted a specific email while cleaning up your deleted items folder, you are able to recover those individual emails from within the client and on the web.
Please Note: Emails can only be recovered within 30 days of deletion. Anything after that will be permanently lost.
To recover an email from the Outlook App:
1. Open the Outlook Application
2. Click “Deleted Items” in the inbox you want to recover
3. Click “Recover items recently removed from this folder”
4. Select the email(s) that you would like to restore and click “OK” or “Select all” to select all emails and then click “OK” to restore them.
This will restore the email to the Deleted Items folder where you can move it to a different folder.
Macs and Web recovery:
Unfortunately, Outlook for Mac does not have the ability to recover emails through the Application. However, you can use the web client to recover the email. To do this;
1. Go to myoffice.ivey.ca and log in
2. Click the Outlook icon on the left side of the window
3. Click “Deleted Items”
4. Click “Recover Items deleted from this folder”
5. Click the Email(s) you’d like to restore and click “Restore”
This will restore the email to your Deleted Items folder.