NameCoach is an app in Learn that allows students and faculty to record the pronunciation of their names. The one-time recording will then be populated in all of your courses. You can view NameCoach in the course navigation menu and simply click on the Play button to hear the correct pronunciation of your fellow students, faculty or program management staff.
Recording your Name
1. You can Access the recording option in NameCoach or NameCoach Recorder:
o NameCoach: Navigate to any course, and then click NameCoach.
o NameCoach Recorder: In the global navigation menu, click Account, select Settings, and then, from the account navigation menu, click NameCoach Recorder.
If you are asked to give NameCoach access to your account, click Authorize.
2. Click Record Name.
3. To make your recording with a cell phone or landline, continue to Record using a phone. To use a web-based audio recorder, continue to Record using the web recorder.
Record using a phone
1. In the pop-up window, select Phone.
2. In the "Phone number" field, enter your phone number.
3. Click Call Me Now.
4. Answer the call from NameCoach, and then follow the voice prompts.
5. When you are finished recording, look for the "Your recording is ready" message in the "Edit Your Recording" window.
6. Click Submit and Finish.
Record using the web recorder
1. In the pop-up window, select Web Recorder.
2. Click Record.
3. If your browser asks for permission to let NameCoach use your microphone, click Allow.
4. Follow the on-screen prompts.
5. When you are finished, click Stop (a purple square).
6. To listen to your recording, click Play (a purple triangle).
7. If you are satisfied with your recording, click Submit and Finish. If you'd like to record again, click Record, and then repeat steps 2 through 7.
Listen to NameCoach Recordings
To listen to name pronunciations, simply navigate to your course and select NameCoach from the course menu list. Here you will see a list of the recorded names and you can click on the Play button.