Setting Up a NameCoach Assignment in your Learn Community
- Create a new assignment in your Learn Community.
- Enter the Assignment name – New App for Name Pronunciation
- Description -
NameCoach is an app in Learn that allows students and faculty to record the pronunciation of their names. The one-time recording will then be populated in all of your courses. You can view NameCoach in the course navigation menu and simply click on the Play button to hear the correct pronunciation of your fellow students, faculty or program management staff.
To get started, simply click the Record Name button below and record the pronunciation of your name.
Step by step instructions
NOTE: at the end of this document are the step by step instructions. Please create a new page with the instructions and just add a link to the assignment details. The app is very intuitive to use and many will not require detailed instructions.
- Points - 0 Points and check the box “Do not count this assignment towards the final grade”
- Change the Submission type to ‘External Tool’
- Click Find under the Enter or find an ‘External tool URL’ field
7. Select the NameCoach Recorder
8. Enter a Due Date if you like.
9. Click Save & Publish to save the assignment.
Completing the Assignment
This will create a NameCoach Assignment for students. Once published, this assignment will be completed upon students recording their names.
Step by Step Instructions
Name Coach Instructions
If you are asked to give NameCoach access to your account, click Authorize.
- Click Record Name.
- To make your recording with a cell phone or landline, continue to Record using a phone. To use a web-based audio recorder, continue to Record using the web recorder.
Record using a phone
- In the pop-up window, select Phone.
- In the "Phone number" field, enter your phone number.
- Click Call Me Now.
- Answer the call from NameCoach, and then follow the voice prompts.
- When you are finished recording, look for the "Your recording is ready" message in the "Edit Your Recording" window.
- Click Submit and Finish.
Record using the web recorder
- In the pop-up window, select the Web Recorder.
- Click Record.
- If your browser asks for permission to let NameCoach use your microphone, click Allow.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
- When you are finished, click Stop (a purple square).
- To listen to your recording, click Play (a purple triangle).
- If you are satisfied with your recording, click Submit and Finish. If you'd like to record again, click Record, and then repeat steps 2 through 7.
To re-record your name, access the recording screen in NameCoach or NameCoach Recorder:
- NameCoach: Navigate to any course, and then click NameCoach.
- NameCoach Recorder: In the global navigation menu, click Account, select Settings, and then, from the account navigation menu, click NameCoach Recorder.