As an added layer of security, meetings can be created so only users with Ivey accounts are able to join meetings. Attendees and others not using their Ivey account will join as a guest and will be placed in a waiting room upon joining. The Host can then admit or remove the individual, providing a kind of filter ensuring that individuals from outside Ivey will not be able to enter the meeting.
This feature is useful also in the case of Pre-assigned Breakout Rooms being used in Zoom - this will ensure that all emails will be attached to the proper pre-assigned room making things easier when sending attendees to breakout rooms.
PLEASE NOTE: Enabling this feature will turn off the "Join before Host" feature. Attendees and co-hosts will not be able to join the meeting before the host.
1. Go to ivey-uwo.zoom.us and Sign In.
2. Click "Settings" on the left hand side bar.
3. Scroll down to the "In Meeting (Advanced)" section and turn on the setting for "Identify Guest Participants in the Meeting"
4. Scroll down further and turn on the "Waiting Room" setting, and then turn on "Guest Participants Only"
5. When scheduling your new meeting, uncheck "Join Before Host" and select "Enable waiting room" and "Authenticated users only"
When you Start the meeting, anyone that is not using an Ivey account will be placed into a waiting room and marked as a guest to show that they not using the right account.
Hosts can relay before the meeting that if attendees aren't using an Ivey account, they will see a waiting room and will need to switch accounts or sign in using their Ivey account. The Host can also admit them by clicking the Admin button next to their name.