Skype for Business is an instant messaging and video chat application that is included in Office 365 for students. This allows you to message other students or set up online meetings through your calendar. Skype for Business can be accessed online, on your desktop, or on your mobile device.
To access Skype for Business online, log in to myoffice.ivey.ca. Under "Apps," open Outlook.
Click the Skype icon in the top navigation bar, next to the Notifications and Settings icons. This will open Skype for Business.
You can view your contacts, click the Search icon to search for people at Ivey, or click the Add icon to start a new conversation and add participants.
Visit the Microsoft Office Desktop Setup Guide for instructions on installing the latest Microsoft Office suite, including Skype for Business.
If you want to install only Skype for Business and not the other Office 365 applications, follow these steps:
- Log in to myoffice.ivey.ca and click "Install Office apps" next to the list of applications on the home page.
- Select "Other install options."
- This will open a page with a list of Office 365 applications you can install. In the left navigation under "Software," click "Skype for Business."
- For full functionality, click "Install" under Skype for Business 2015.
- Your browser will download the installation file. Run the file and follow the steps on screen.
Once you've installed Skype for Business, open the application and sign in with your Ivey email and password to get started.
For more information on Skype for Business, including how to change your audio and video settings, visit the Microsoft support site.
On your mobile device
- Open Skype for Business App and select Advanced Options
- Switch off Auto-Detect Server and enter webdir.online.lync.com in both Internal Discovery Address and External Discovery Address
- Enter your Ivey email address and select X in top right corner
- Enter your Ivey email address in Organization sign in Address and select Forward Arrow
- Enter your Ivey password in the Ivey login page(SSO)
- Enter your mobile phone number so that you can join Skype for Business meetings
- Click through any additional prompts on your preferences. If asked, accept the licensing agreement.