MyOffice allows you to easily share files with others. People with access to a shared document, such as members of a group project, can edit the document simultaneously on myoffice.ivey.ca. To share a file, follow the steps below:
- Log in to myoffice.ivey.ca and open OneDrive
- Select the file you want to share by clicking to either side of the document title. A check mark will appear to the left of the document title.
- In the bar at the top, click "Share."
- Enter the names or email addresses of the people you want to share the file with. This will email them the link to the file. Alternately, click "Copy link" if you want to send the link to someone another way.
- Click "Anyone with the link can view and edit" to change who has access to the file and whether or not they can edit the file. You can also set an expiry date so that people can only view and edit the file until a certain date.
- Once you've entered the desired settings and recipients, click "Send."
You can also share a file by clicking “Share” while editing in Office 365 online, on your mobile device, or in a desktop application.
To open a file that was shared with you, open the file in the email that was sent to you. Shared files will also appear under "Shared" in your OneDrive online. If you've opened the shared file recently, it will appear in your list of recent documents on the Office 365 home page.