1) Type your essay as normal. There may or may not be spelling mistakes depending on typing accuracy.
2) From here, you can highlight a section of your writing that you wish to check, or highlight nothing in order to indicate that you wish to check the whole essay.
3) Word that are misspelled will NOT display a red line or any other visual indication of being incorrect. To determine misspelled words, click on the spell-check icon that is located on the toolbar directly above the typing-field:
4) This will open up a new window.
a. If your typing lacks spelling errors the window will display a message reflecting that. This message also appears after you have completed your spell-check.
b. If your typing has spelling errors, the window will display each of the errors that were made.
5) You can sift through the collected spelling errors and decide whether to ignore or change to a spelling that is recommended by the software.
These recommendations appear in a list that you can select from and change or ignore individually. Conversely, you can decide to change or ignore all of the same misspelled word simultaneously by selecting the ‘Change All’ or ‘Ignore All’ buttons.
6) After you have completed your spell-check, the message from instruction 3a will display on the screen, and your passage should have been completely corrected.