Before You Begin
Do you have the latest printer drivers installed on your computer?
- You will need the latest Toshiba MFP driver downloaded and installed. Download the installer and follow the prompts to install the software.
Are you connected to uwosecure-v2 wireless on campus?
- You must install the Ivey Student Printers while on campus and while you are connected to uwosecure-v2 wireless. If you are off-site, you will not be able to install the printer.
Installing the Ivey Student Printers
To add the Ivey Student Printers on Mac OS X:
1. Open System Preferences
2. Open "Printers & Scanners"
3. Click the "+" to Add a New Printer
4. Right click on the toolbar (tap 2 fingers on your Trackpad) and select "Customize Toolbar"
5. Drag the Advanced icon beside "Windows" on the toolbar, click Done.
6. Click "Advanced" and select/enter the following options:
- Type: Windows printer via spoolss
- URL: smb://printing.ivey.ca/IveyStudentPrinters
- Name: Ivey Student Printers
6. Beside "Use:", click "Select Printer Software" then Search for Toshiba. Press Enter then select "Toshiba ColorMFP-X7" from the list and click OK.
Not able to find the driver in the list? You must install the Toshiba MFP driver here.
7. Click "Add"
8. Select the options as:
- Model Selection: Toshiba e-STUDIO6550CSeries
- Finisher: Saddle Stich Finisher (2 Trays + 1 Fixed Tray)
- Hole Punch Unit: 2/3 Holes
- Drawers: Drawers 1, 2 & Drawer 3, 4
- External LCF: Installed
9. Click "OK"
You have now successfully added the Ivey Student Printers.
Printing your Job
The first time you print to the Ivey Student Printers, you will be prompted to login using your Ivey Username as: