Before You Begin
Do you have the latest printer drivers installed on your computer?
- You will need the latest Toshiba MFP driver downloaded and installed. Download the installer and follow the prompts to install the software.
Using Mac OS X Mountain Lion, Mavericks or Yosemite (10.8 - 10.11)? Read information about allowing the downloaded file to install.
Are you connected to uwosecure-v2 wireless on campus?
- You must install the Ivey Student Printers while on campus and while you are connected to uwosecure-v2 wireless. If you are off-site, you will not be able to install the printer.
Are you running Mac OS X Lion (10.7 - 10.7.4)?
- Go to the Apple logo --> About This Mac.
- If you are running Mac OS X Lion 10.7 - 10.7.4, update your Mac OS X software to 10.7.5. The latest update for Lion provides improved reliability when printing at Ivey.
Installing the Ivey Student Printers
To add the Ivey Student Printers on Mac OS X:
1. Open System Preferences
2. Open "Printers & Scanners" (Mac OS X 10.7 - 10.11) or "Print & Fax" (Mac OS X 10.5 - 10.6)
3. Click the "+" to Add a New Printer
4. Right click on the toolbar (tap 2 fingers on your Trackpad) and select "Customize Toolbar"
5. Drag the Advanced icon beside "Windows" on the toolbar, click Done.
6. Click "Advanced" and select/enter the following options:
- Type: Windows printer via spoolss
- URL: smb://printing.ivey.ca/IveyStudentPrinters
- Name: Ivey Student Printers
6. Beside "Use:", click "Select Printer Software" then Search for Toshiba. Press Enter then select "Toshiba ColorMFP-X7" from the list and click OK.
Not able to find the driver in the list? You must install the Toshiba MFP driver here.
7. Click "Add"
8. Select the options as:
- Model Selection: Toshiba e-STUDIO6550CSeries
- Finisher: Saddle Stich Finisher and Hole Punch
- Drawers: Drawers 1, 2 & LCF
- External LCF: Installed
9. Click "OK"
You have now successfully added the Ivey Student Printers.
Printing your Job
The first time you print to the Ivey Student Printers, you will be prompted to login using your Ivey Username as: