In Ivey Student Breakout Rooms and Faculty/Staff Meeting Rooms, you can present, collaborate, and share content wirelessly using AirMedia.
To Display Your Laptop on a Breakout Room TV
1. Ensure the TV is turned ON and that you see the following screen:
2. You must be fully connected to the uwosecure-v2 wireless network. If you are not connected, please connect now.
3. If you have not already done so, go to http://go.ivey.ca/AirMedia and install the AirMedia Client for your Operating System (Mac or Windows). Although an AirMedia is available for iOS and Android, we do not currently provide support for those apps.
4. Launch the Crestron AirMedia application on your laptop.
5. Select or Search and then Select for the Room Number you are in.
6. Click Connect
7. When prompted, enter the 4 digit Code displayed in the top right hand corner of the screen.
8. Your laptop screen will now display on the TV. You will see the Presentation Control Screen as well to stop or pause your displaying.
Connecting Multiple Laptops
Multiple laptops can be displayed on the Breakout Room TV using AirMedia.
Once the 1st laptop has been connected, you may continue to add laptops to the screen by connecting to the room's TV using the 4 digit code displayed in the room.
You may display up to 4 laptops to a TV/AirMedia.
I do not see the AirMedia splash screen on the TV
If you do not see the Ivey AirMedia splash screen on the TV in your Breakout Room, check that the TV is powered ON and that the Input for the TV is set to HDMI 1 (Student Breakout rooms) or HDMI3 (Faculty/Staff Meeting Rooms).
I am unable to connect to the AirMedia in my Breakout or Meeting Room
Check to ensure you are fully connected to the uwosecure-v2 wireless network and that you can navigate to websites using your Internet browser.
When streaming a video, the video is choppy
Although streaming videos over AirMedia is not recommended, you should use a maximum quality of 720p when streaming video. You should avoid streaming video in 1080p.
When launching the AirMedia client, I am not seeing a list of Room Numbers.
If the AirMedia client did not install fully, you may be prompted for an IP address, username etc. You should see a list of room numbers after launching the AirMedia Client on your laptop. Re-install the client from http://go.ivey.ca/airmedia and ensure that you have followed all the installation steps.
I don't hear any sound from my laptop on the TV
On Mac OS X, you must install the Soundflowerbed application when you installed the AirMedia Client from http://go.ivey.ca/airmedia. You may also need to set the sound output to be the TV once Soundflowerbed is installed.
Check the sound level on the TV to ensure it is not on Mute or reduced to a low level.
Please contact the Ivey IT Helpdesk at email@example.com for assistance with using AirMedia or trouble installing or using the AirMedia Client installers.