strongly recommended to use a Windows computer running an English Operating System
Requirements for All Laptops:
- Backup Device highly recommended
- Web Camera/microphone
- Home Printer: recommended, however there are also printers available in Ivey facilities.
Note on Corporate Notebooks
- If you will be using a notebook provided by your company you will need Administrator access. Professors often supply software packages for class use and you will require Administrator access in order to install them.
- You are required keep up with Windows Critical Updates; you require Administrator access to do this.
- Please contact your IT Department to verify that the laptop you are bringing in meets our requirements.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 10
- MacOS 10.15 (Catalina)
- Support Article: Installing Solver for Office for Mac 2019
- It is strongly recommended that you have an Antivirus program installed on your computer
- Any paid, subscription based Antivirus program meets our standards, as well some free versions, such as Microsoft Defender Antivirus that is included with Windows 10.
- Apple Computers are required to have an antivirus solution installed. Sophos Antivirus for Mac and is available for free from http://www.sophos.com/en-us/products/free-tools/sophos-antivirus-for-mac-home-edition/download.aspx.
- While at the Spencer Leadership Centre, you will have access to the “uwosecure-v2” wireless network. In order to gain access, you must install the wireless profile which corresponds to your computer’s operating system. This is available from our support website: https://support.ivey.ca
- Please note that you will be logging in with your FULL Ivey email address (e.g.: Username = firstname.lastname@example.org)
- While at the Tangerine Leadership Centre, you will have access to the “Ivey (private)” wireless network. The WEP Key will be provided to you when you arrive