We recommend purchasing a new laptop computer. Any new laptop will be fast enough to meet the requirements/demands of the EMBA Program. Check the Ivey IT Support Site for the latest up-to-date information at http://support.ivey.ca
If you have a previously used laptop it should be a minimum of:
- Processor: Core i3 / Core i5 or equivalent
- Hard Drive: 128 GB minimum
- 4GB MB minimum, 8GB preferred
- DVD/CD-RW (External may be required if not built-in)
- USB ports
- Integrated Wireless Card (802.11b/g/n/ac)
Requirements for All Laptops:
- Backup Device highly recommended
- Web Camera/microphone
- Home Printer: recommended, however there are also printers available in Ivey facilities.
Note on Corporate Notebooks
- If you will be using a notebook provided by your company you will need Administrator access. Professors often supply software packages for class use and you will require Administrator access in order to install them.
- You are required keep up with Windows Critical Updates; you require Administrator access to do this.
- Please contact your IT Department to verify that the laptop you are bringing in meets our requirements.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 10
- MacOS 10.13 (High Sierra)
- Microsoft Office 2013 or 2016 are supported.
- Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac or Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac are supported.
Ivey now provides Microsoft Office for students for FREE by going to https://myoffice.ivey.ca. Login using your Ivey username and password.
You may install Microsoft Office on up to 10 devices and you may manage your devices on the Ivey MyOffice website.
- Windows Users: It is recommended you install Microsoft Office 2016. You may download Office 2016 Professional Plus from Ivey's MyOffice site (https://myoffice.ivey.ca
- Support Article: Installing Data Analysis Toolpak and Solver for Excel 2016
- Mac OS X Users:
- Support Article: Installing Solver for Office for Mac 2016
- It is strongly recommended that you have an Antivirus program installed on your computer
- Any paid, subscription based Antivirus program meets our standards, as well some free versions, such as Microsoft Security Essentials.
- Apple Computers are required to have an antivirus solution installed. Sophos Antivirus for Mac and is available for free from http://www.sophos.com/en-us/products/free-tools/sophos-antivirus-for-mac-home-edition/download.aspx.
- While at the Spencer Leadership Centre, you will have access to the “uwosecure-v2” wireless network. In order to gain access, you must install the wireless profile which corresponds to your computer’s operating system. This is available from our support website: https://support.ivey.ca
Instructions to install are provided with each operating system
- Please note that you will be logging in with your FULL Ivey email address (e.g.: Username = email@example.com)
- While at the Tangerine Leadership Centre, you will have access to the “Ivey (private)” wireless network. The WEP Key will be provided to you when you arrive