Lync for Mac 2011 is Microsoft's system for unified communications in the enterprise. It includes instant messaging (IM), voice and video calling and Web conferencing both within the organization and externally.
Install Ivey Lync Certificate
1. Open Finder
2. Click the "Go" menu, and select "Connect to Server"
3. Copy and Paste: smb://biz-info.ivey.ca/usersoftware/Lync2011Mac
4. Click Connect
5. Type your Ivey username and password.
6. Double-click "IveyStandaloneCA.cer"
7. When prompted, click "Always Trust" and enter your Mac OS X password.
Configuring Lync for Mac 2011
1. Open Lync for Mac 2011
2. Type your Ivey e-mail address (MUST be @ivey.ca, NOT @ivey.uwo.ca), your Ivey username and your Ivey password.
3. Click Advanced.
4. Select "Manual configuration" and type the following for both the Internal Server Name and External Server Name: lync.ivey.ca
7. Click OK
8. Click "Sign in"