What is Private Printing?
Our Toshiba Multifunction printers have a feature called 'private printing'. This feature enables printing of confidential material via the use of a password. At the time of printing, the user assigns a password to the print job. The printer will not print a private job until the user enters the print job password at the printer. In this way, users can control the timing of the release of the print job.
Private Printing for Windows
- To print a private print job you need to select the Printer Properties option from your program’s (e.g. Word’s) print menu.
- On the Printer Properties window, change the Print Job setting from Normal Print to Private Print and then click on the square button with 3 dots that is just to the right of your selection.
- Now enter a password that can contain up to 63 characters and click OK.
- Click OK to close the Printer Properties windows and then click on Print to send your job to the printer. NB: The printer will store but NOT print your document until you enter your password on the printers terminal.
Private Printing for Mac OS X
- Click File->Print
- Change the printing option to Print Mode
- Change the mode from Normal to Private
- Enter a password that contains 5 digits (numeric only, must be 5 digits) and click Print
How to Release Your Job from the Printer
- Click the Print button on the printer touchpad
- Select your Username from the private print jobs list and click OK
- Enter the Password you created and click OK
- You will now see your document name listed. Select it and press Print on the touch screen.