The Out of Office Assistant in Microsoft Outlook allows you to create an automatic reply to inform anyone sending you e-mail that you are unavailable. The Out of Office Assistant will deliver this reply to internal people or both Internal and External people. To set up your Out of Office Assistant follow these instructions:
Using Outlook 2010
- Open Microsoft Outlook and click on “File”, then "Info" and then “Automatic Replies (Out of Office)”
- Click "Send automatic replies". You may specify a time range for when you will be out of the office, if you prefer.
- In the AutoReply section, create a message to be used when you are out of the office. You may set the same or different messages for internal and external (Outside my Organization) people.
- Click “OK”.
Using Outlook 2007
- Open Microsoft Outlook and click on “Tools” and then “Out of Office Assistant”
- In the AutoReply section, create a message to be used when you are out of the office
- Click “OK”.
Remember to set your status to “I am currently Out of the Office” or “I am currently in the Office” in the “Out of Office Assistant” section in order to activate or deactivate your AutoReply message.
Using Outlook 2011 or Entourage 2008 Out of Office Assistant
- Select Tools –> Out of Office
- Select “Send out of Office Messages” and type in your Out of Office message to send to internal users. You may select a date range when you will be out of the office, if you prefer.
- To send messages to non-Ivey people, select “Send replies outside my company to Anyone outside my company”
- Enter a message to send to non-Ivey people
- Select OK when done