1. Open Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2013
2. On the Home tab, click “New Items”, then “More Items”, then “Outlook Data File"
3. Select a location to save your PST archive file in the top address bar
- Local C drive is an alternate location to save your PST file, however if your computer’s hard drive were to fail, the PST file is not automatically backed up and would be lost. If you save to your Local C drive, it is strongly recommended you frequently copy the file to the H drive as a backup
4. Name your PST file in the File name field. If you would like to set a password, check “Add Optional Password”, otherwise leave the option unchecked.
5. Click OK, the archive PST file will appear on the left side of Outlook. You may now create folders and drag items from your Inbox and subfolders.