There are five month end reports requested by our finance team:
- Accounts Receivable: a listing of all internal accounts and their orders for the month
- Item Value List: a list of inventory as of the end of the month, including cost and (retail) price
- Sales Report: a list of all sales for the month
- Sales Tax Collected: a list of all taxes collected for the month
- Tender Summary: a list of all payment types and amounts for the month
This report can be generated in Shopify, with some help from Stitch Labs.
1. Go to Reports > Finances > Payments.
2. Click "Month to date" in the top right corner and choose "Last month" from the drop down.
3. Click Export in the top right corner, choose "Full report" and then press Export.
The format is not quite the same as what Finance is looking for, so we'll have to do some copying and pasting.
See "Tender Summary December 2016" in the attachments section for an example of a completed report.
Here's how the columns should match. The first column is the Payments Report from Shopify. The Tender Summary column is the report that Finance requests.
|Payments Report (Shopify)||Tender Summary|
*The payment method column needs a bit of extra work. In cases where it says "External credit" or "Shopify Payments", you will need to copy over the actual payment method from the "Credit card" column.
4. Also, please rename "External debit" to "Debit".
5. Finally, we'll need to bring over any internal orders from Stitch Labs. You can find these in the Accounts Receivable Report. The Register will be "Point of Sale" for all of them, and the Tender will be "Internal Charge". Then copy over the date and amount of each order.
6. You'll want to sort by Register and Tender, so that all are grouped together. Then you will want to sub-total each individual tender, and each register as a whole. Finally, the "Overall" row at the top should be the grand total of all tenders across both registers.
Note that each subtotal row has a space before the name of the register or tender.