There are five month end reports requested by our finance team:
- Accounts Receivable: a listing of all internal accounts and their orders for the month
- Item Value List: a list of inventory as of the end of the month, including cost and (retail) price
- Sales Report: a list of all sales for the month
- Sales Tax Collected: a list of all taxes collected for the month
- Tender Summary: a list of all payment types and amounts for the month
Item Value List
This report can be generated in Stitch Labs.
Go to Products.
Click "Actions" at the top right, and pick Inventory CSV from the drop down. Choose "Download".
Delete all columns except Variant ID, SKU, Description, Average Unit Cost, Stock, and Price: Shopify.
Add new columns for Extended Price and Extended Cost.
The Extended Cost column in the Item Value List can be generated by multiplying the Stock column by the Average Unit Cost column for each row, using an Excel formula.
The Extended Price column can be generated by multiplying the Stock column by the Price: Shopify column for each row, using an Excel formula.
Create a new Overall row at the bottom, which can be calculated by summing the Qty, Extended Cost, and Extended Price columns using an Excel formula.
*Note: If this report is run first thing on the 1st of the month, the stock numbers should be accurate. If you run it later on, you will need to do a Historical Stock Report (under Reports > Product Reports) to get the stock numbers as of the end of the previous month. You can pull these into your Item Value List report using a VLOOKUP on the Variant ID.